Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Monday's classes--And Now for Something Completely Different!

So, I know it's Tuesday, and I didn't blog yesterday. I felt so guilty that I took today off so I wouldn't disappoint my legions (4) of fans. Today I was supposed to be in Keyboarding all day, so remembering the red hot knitting needle waiting by my stove, I decided I'd do the lesser of two evils. My eye hurts.

So! Yesterday's classes. In the morning I had keyboarding, which goes as it always does. Exercises, timed test, report with footnotes. Yay. Word 7 is pretty much idiot proof, but of course you know the old saying: "Make something idiot proof and someone will come along and make a better idiot." Luckily, my class seems to be getting it. My only problem is that back in the age of dinosaurs, when I took my courses in word processing, you actually had to work at it. So the hardest thing for me is finding all the little buttons that make my document do what I want it to do. No worries. I'm pretty quick when it comes to things like this. So I have a final on Friday. We'll see what happens!

Afternoon class was First Aid. We watched a video, then took a test. We learned how to do splints, bandage wounds, what to do when someone gets burned, or has a stroke, a diabetic emergency, and heatstroke.
The test was pretty simple and straightforward, and everyone got 100. Yay us! Since that was our final, we got out an hour early. I love final week!

I also got my new schedule for next mod. I'm incredibly excited. I have Medical Transcription, which is basically what I've done for the last 25 years. Listening to someone talking, and typing what they say.
I am also going to have Medical Terminology. Medical Terminology is cool because you can make the most minor injuries or illnesses sound like they're a life threatening disease. I mean, doesn't hematoma sound much more threatening than bruise? Not to mention I get to have one of my favorite teachers again.
And finally (how appropriate!) I have Pathology. Scenes of CSI, and Dr. Quincy ME are running through my head, although I know it's not going to be anywhere near that in excitement. But again, I get one of my favorite teachers, so it's good.

Oh, they also changed the name of my school. Why? I don't know. But the acronym for it used to be too close to America's Next Top Model (ANTM). Now it's the Latin word for Strong. Look it up.

Tomorrow:
Mock Interviews and more Keyboarding!

1 comment:

  1. look if up, she says. Thanks Kat, on my day off too. lol! So Keyboarding hell is almost over? (google-ing strong...)..."Fortis=brave/strong" tada!

    ReplyDelete