Monday, March 29, 2010

Today's Classes and Other Observations

Since I'm blogging about real life, and real situations, I've decided to change names to protect the innocent (and my GPA). So if I mention a person, it doesn't mean I'm talking about you, so don't get paranoid. Or if I do talk about you in my blog, and you recognize yourself, and don't like it, come to me. I'll talk to you and let you know why I said what I said, and we can speak like adults.

So on to class. Keyboarding. No one can give me a satisfactory answer as to why I have to take it, when I already type 65 words a minute. There's no option to test out of the class, so I do the stupid exercises. fjfjfj dkdkdk slslsl a;a;a;. Yay. Type a memo. Type a letter, first block style, then modified block style. Type a report. Now type a bound report. So, what do I do? I type the memos, letters, reports, then spend the rest of the class fucking off on Facebook. I check my email. I would have blogged from class, but for some reason, Blogspot is blocked. Of course it is! So before we start our assignments for the day, we have to do warm up exercises. Here's an example:

Melva Bragg required exactly a dozen jackets for the winter trip.
The 1903 copy of my book had 5 parts, 48 chapters, and 672 pages.
Olga, the French Goalie, defended well against the frazzled team.

Isn't that riveting???? 672 pages!!! Dozens of jackets!! Frazzled teams!!!

Honestly, I'd rather shove a red hot knitting needle in my eye than have to sit in this class all day. And I have spoken to my instructor about this. Someone told her that I said I'd rather stick a pencil in my eye. I quickly explained that I never said that. I told her I said RED HOT KNITTING NEEDLES. She laughed pretty hard at that. She knows it's not her. She's actually a pretty cool lady.

The afternoon class was CPR. You will all be happy to know that I passed my certification test with flying colors! My practical was last week, and my written test was today. There were two parts. The first part was CPR, and the second part was for the AED. That's the heart defibrillator. The shocky thing. And just to let you know, it's nothing like what you see on TV. The person doesn't jump 6 feet off the bed, and there's not really a big loud noise. It doesn't even buzz. It's pretty anti-climatic, really.
So now, I'm required to stop if I see an accident, or someone in distress. If I don't, and someone finds out I failed to act, I could lose my certification. Ah, heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Now, I have something to say to some of my classmates. Not all of them, but the ones who are juggling being single moms, school and work. I don't know how you guys do it. I would be exhausted. Yes, I went to school as a single mom, but I also didn't have to work at the same time. So this last part is to let you know that I'm pulling for you. I admire the fact that you want something more for you and your child, and I'm telling you, don't ever give up. Because being older, I can tell you, there are not many things I regret doing, but there are millions of things I regret NOT doing. So hang in there guys! It's going to be worth it.

That's all for tonight. Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blogger, buddy! You made me laugh and I am following you.

    So glad all that is behind me! I've considered going back for Masters, but I don't want to teach and am quite happy, for the time being. My values have changed so much over the years, I doubt I could have the discipline.

    You might want to consider blogging in Word, and then emailing it to yourself before you leave class, or even blog in an email to yourself, then copy/paste into Blogspot when you get home.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao a;sldkfj hahah love facebooking class!! oops i mean keynoarding! =P

    ReplyDelete